|Dry Ginger Powder (optional)||¼ tea spoon|
|Chilli Powder||1 tea spoon|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tea spoon|
|Cinnamon||A small stick|
1. Peel and cut potatoes in fours. Cut Cauliflower.
2. Pick and wash rice and let it soak for half an hour.
3. Heat fat in a pan. Add cloves, cinnamon and bay leaves, large cardamom, Brown.
4. Add Drained rice, potatoes and cauliflower and fry well for a few minutes.
5. Add turmeric and ginger powder, stir.
6. Add hot water which should be 3.5 c (11/2) above the rice.
7. Stir in salt and chilli powder. Add chopped tomatoes.
8. Cover and cook till rice is done.
9. When rice is cooked and each grain is separate, sprinkle garam masala over or add it after the tomatoes.
10. Toss lightly and serve hot.