|Sauces – Milk Based|
|2.||Refined Flour||60 (gm)|
|6.||Bay leaf||01 no.|
1. Boil the milk with cloute (onion studded with clove and bay leaf).
2. melt butter in a pan Add flour,mix it well and cook on a slow flame till it become sandy in texture.(Roux).
3. Add cold milk to the hot roux or hot milk to the cold roux to avoid lumps. keep stirring with a wooden spoon.
4. Simmer on a gentle heat stirring all the time till it thickens.
5. Remove from the fire and pass through a fine strainer.
6. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg powder.
7. Cover the sauce with melted butter to prevent skin formation.